The latest software version for Kindle 8th Generation is 5.8.9. This update automatically downloads and installs on your Kindle Paperwhite 6th Generation when connected wirelessly; however, you can also manually download the software and transfer the update to your device via USB cable.This update includes general performance improvements and the following new features:
- Ragged Right Alignment: You can now read using left-aligned (ragged right) text instead of justified (aligned on both left and right margin). This new alignment option can be selected from the Display Settings (Aa) menu within Kindle books that support Enhanced Typesetting. On the Kindle eBook Store page, look for "Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled" in the features list.
- Faster Highlighting: You can now touch and drag to make a highlight more quickly. Tap the highlight again to edit or delete it.
- Advanced manga page turn controls: You can now drag left and right to adjust speed and direction when using the fast continuous page turn feature while reading manga.
- Preview manga double page spreads: You’ll now see a preview of double page spreads at the bottom of the page while reading manga. Tap the preview to see a full landscape view of the spread, and tap again to close it.
- Crop margins in manga: You can now remove blank margins from manga pages for a closer view of the content. Enable this option from the Display Settings (Aa) menu within manga books.
- Download the applicable software update file.
- Transfer the software update file to your Kindle device:
- Turn on your Kindle and connect it to your computer using the USB cable.
- Drag and drop the new update file from your computer onto the Kindle drive.
- Note: Do not drop the file into one of the folders within the Kindle drive.
- Monitor file transfer and disconnect:
- After the file has transferred successfully, eject the Kindle to safely disconnect your Kindle from your computer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your Kindle and your computer.
- From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
- Tap the Menu icon, and then tap Update Your Kindle. This option will be grayed out if the most recent update has already been installed or if the file transfer was not successful.
- Tap OK to perform the update. You will see Your Kindle Is Updating.
- Once the update is complete, your Kindle will automatically restart.
Update your e-Reader firmware version to this release, and the device can get touch features improvements, application updates, usability and compatibility enhancements, as well as several other related changes.
If you want to apply this version, the installation process isn’t much of a hassle because each manufacturer tries to make it as easy as possible: most of the times, you need to transfer the new firmware to the e-Reader through the available methods, and initiate the upgrade from the setup menu.
Still, since there are several ways for entering update mode, and numerous e-Reader models and manufacturers, it would be best if you read the installation steps and follow them precisely.
Bear in mind that if you try to apply an incompatible firmware, or fail to completely perform the upgrade, the unit can encounter serious malfunctions and might even be rendered unusable.
Therefore, if this package is developed for your device, click the download button, get the package and apply the new firmware. Also, don’t forget to constantly check our website so that you don’t miss any new releases.
Engine version: 188.8.131.5200
Total virus-finding records: 8386003
File size: 95.37 MB
File MD5: 2ce68cb60ed4f25f3195e17b1a53f20b
https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredownloads/update_kindle_8th_5.8.9.bin - Ok
Amazon Kindle 8th Generation Firmware 5.8.9
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 7th Generation Firmware 184.108.40.206.1
Amazon Fire HD 10 5th Generation Tablet Firmware 220.127.116.11
Amazon Fire HD 10 7th Generation Tablet Firmware 18.104.22.168
Amazon Kindle Oasis 8th Generation Firmware 22.214.171.124
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 10th Generation Firmware 5.11.1