The latest software version for Kindle Oasis 8th Generation is 126.96.36.199. This update automatically downloads and installs on your Kindle Oasis 8th Generation when connected wirelessly; however, you can also manually download the software and transfer the update to your device via USB cable.This update includes general performance improvements and the following new features:
- Swipe-able Home: Swipe up on your home screen to see additional tips, recommendations, and more based on your reading habits.
- Easily personalize your reading: Now save multiple reading settings, selecting the font, boldness level, and orientation settings you prefer all from the main menu and quickly switch between those settings.
- Return borrowed books: You can return Kindle Owners’ Lending Library books from within your library by long pressing on a borrowed book and selecting return.
- Battery percentage: The percent of battery remaining is shown.
- Labels for the standard toolbar: Labels are added under each icon on the standard toolbar for improved navigation.
- Performance improvements and other general enhancements.
- Download the applicable software update file.
- Transfer the software update file to your Kindle device:
- Turn on your Kindle and connect it to your computer using the USB cable.
- Drag and drop the new update file from your computer onto the Kindle drive.
- Note: Do not drop the file into one of the folders within the Kindle drive.
- Monitor file transfer and disconnect:
- After the file has transferred successfully, eject the Kindle to safely disconnect your Kindle from your computer.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your Kindle and your computer.
- From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
- Tap the Menu icon, and then tap Update Your Kindle. This option will be grayed out if the most recent update has already been installed or if the file transfer was not successful.
- Tap OK to perform the update. You will see Your Kindle Is Updating.
- Once the update is complete, your Kindle will automatically restart.
By applying this firmware, your tablet can benefit from improved system stability, network-related functions and performance, enhanced touch experience, various fixes for problems encountered throughout the device's usage time, as well as several other changes.
The installation process isn't much of a hassle because each manufacturer tries to make it as easy as possible: usually, you must transfer the new firmware to the tablet, and initiate the upgrade from the setup menu.
However, due to the large number of tablets and manufacturers, as well as various ways for entering update mode, we recommend that you read the installation guide, and perform the upgrade only once you have familiarized yourself with the steps.
Bear in mind that, before you get this release, you must check to see if the available firmware is developed for your tablet model and SKU (stock keeping unit) – if you apply an incompatible software, the device will encounter serious malfunctions and can even be rendered unusable.
Therefore, if this package is developed for your tablet, click the download button, refer to the update instructions, and apply the new firmware. Also, don't forget to constantly check our website so that you don't miss any new releases.
Engine version: 188.8.131.5200
Total virus-finding records: 8385365
File size: 95.37 MB
File MD5: b7b139671cd88594e4ddcb8fb211c2f7
https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredownloads/update_kindle_oasis_184.108.40.206.bin - Ok
Amazon Kindle 8th Generation Firmware 5.8.9
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 7th Generation Firmware 220.127.116.11.1
Amazon Fire HD 10 5th Generation Tablet Firmware 18.104.22.168
Amazon Fire HD 10 7th Generation Tablet Firmware 22.214.171.124
Amazon Kindle Oasis 8th Generation Firmware 126.96.36.199
Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 10th Generation Firmware 5.11.1